August 24, 2007

August 24, 2007

Well Pelham had another thoracentesis today and they got 3300ml. fluid this time. They still are waiting on the results of one specific test , chylomicron, in the fluid to see if it is present. It has to be sent to Salt Lake City, so it will be Monday until it comes back. That will show if the fluid is coming from the liver. The pulmonologist that is his primary Dr. here is Dr. Sahn, a well know physician who is an expert in pleural effusions. He says that out of 80 to 90 years of medical studies, there were only about 5 different causes and not any of those pertain to pelhams case. They are still saying he will need another pleurodesis next week. Hope you all have a great weekend.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: